Re: Do I understand the storage formats?

Angus Leeming wrote:
> I think this is what the code in GIOP_format::req_align() is tyying to do,
> but my brain is slowing down (long day). Am I correct?

Yes. You're correct. req_align is certainly not "reader friendly" code. :-)
It might not even be the fastest possible, but as it is critical for
performance we should be very careful when changing it.

It currently uses a mask on lower bits to test if alignment is required
(in practice the same as looking at the remainder of division but only
with logical operations) and as the amount required to realign.

--
Jose Orlando Pereira
* mailto:jop@di.uminho.pt * http://gsd.di.uminho.pt/~jop *