Re: Unaligned access errors running LyX with XTL

Angus Leeming wrote:
> I have come up against some unaligned access errors
> when running a development version of LyX.

If you are using raw_format such errors should be expected,
as no alignment is done. (raw_format is pretty much a
debugging feature and probably should be removed...)

If you're using XDR or GIOP, it is definitly a XTL bug
and thus I'd appreciate a small test case that makes it happen.

> LyX uses it's own class lyxstring rather than the STL
> string and its pretty certain that this is the root cause of
> the problem.  The current consensus is that with lyxstring,
> the beginning of the string may not be aligned on 8-byte
> boundaries. Is this likely to cause xtl problems? Any ideas
> what we can do about it?

I don't think so, unless it stores anyting other than single
byte characters.

--
Jose Orlando Pereira
* mailto:jop@di.uminho.pt * http://gsd.di.uminho.pt/~jop *